Beginners Guide to Aroma Diffusers
People are beginning to understand the merit of aromatherapy and how scents can help reduce stress, calm the mind, improve mood, and even help people sleep. The modern lifestyle is very fast-paced and restless so people are constantly on the hunt to find something that will help soothe their stress and refresh their minds and aromatherapy through essential oils is the best way to achieve that result. To utilize the benefit of essential oils, you need a diffuser to disperse the fragrance throughout the room.
Different Kinds of Diffusers
There are a number of diffuser options available in the market and most people new to essential oils don’t know which one is the best option for them. Here’s a brief beginner’s guide to diffusers:
- Nebulizing Diffusers
This diffuser doesn’t require heat or water; it just requires a small bit of electricity to spread the aroma throughout the room. The nebulizer creates air pressure within a glass reservoir, which travels through a small tube and creates suction. This suction forces the essential oils to rise and the steam generated mixes with the oils to form micro-particles in glass chamber. These particles are then released into the air of the room. This mist is waterless and more potent, which ensures the essential oils have a deeper impact.
- Evaporative Diffusers
The evaporator consists of a fan and a filter. The filter is soaked in essential oils and the fan circulates the air through it. The air causes the essential oils to evaporate faster and spread through the room quicker. This is a very simple but effective way of spreading the fragrance of the essential oils.
- Ultrasonic or Humidifying Diffusers
This is one of the most popular forms of diffusers. It requires a combination of water and essential oils to work. The system creates vibrations through the essential oil and water solution, which releases the essential oil molecules into the environment. This is a fine, cool, and dry mist that will continue to spread until the water in the diffuser runs out. This diffuser comes in decorative designs and colors so fit in well with the décor of the room.
Why Purchase a Diffuser?
- It can help with respiratory problems like allergies, asthma, congestion, cough, etc. You can choose an essential oil or a combination of oils that can help with these problems and spread the oil through the environment with the help of the diffuser.
- The fragrance and the small molecules of essential oil in the air can help people sleep better. Oils like lavender and patchouli are particularly effective.
- The oils can help improve the air quality in the home and eliminate any lingering odors.
- They can have a big impact on the mood and reduce stress, anxiety, and tension.
This information should help you purchase the best diffuser for the job but it’s a good idea to test the diffuser at the door and determine which one suits your purpose well. You can also experiment with different diffusers before finding something that spreads the aroma of your choice throughout your home.